All employees in the Group are encouraged to raise genuine concerns about improprieties in matters of financial reporting, compliance, conflict of interests and other malpractices at the earliest opportunity, and in appropriate ways.
This policy is designed to :
- Support the Company’s values
- Enhance the Company’s Code of Conduct
- Ensure employees can raise concerns without fear of reprisals
- Provide a transparent and confidential process for dealing with concerns
This policy not only covers possible inappropriateness in matters of financial reporting, but also the following:
- Corruption, bribery or blackmail
- Criminal offences
- Failure to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- Miscarriage of justice
- Endangerment of an individual‘s health and safety
- Concealment of any or a combination of the above
The principles underpinning the policy are as follows:
- All concerns raised will be treated fairly and properly
- Any individual making the disclosure will retain anonymity unless the individual agrees otherwise
- The company will ensure that any individual raising a concern is aware of the person (name and designation) who is handling the matter
- The company will ensure that the whistle-blower will not suffer from any form of reprisals. However, this assurance will not be extended to any employee who maliciously raise a matter which he/she knows is untrue
3. GRIEVANCE PROCEDURES
If any employee believes reasonably and in good faith that a malpractice exists in the work place, the employee should report this to the senior manager. If for any reason, the employee is reluctant to report to any senior manager in the company, he can report the concern to:
Encik Fazrin Azwar Bin Dato’ Md. Nor
Tel: 603-2162 8988
who is the Chairman and the Senior Independent Non-Executive Director who has been assigned by the Board of Directors to be in charge of whistle-blowing.
A whistle-blower’s identity will not be exposed without his/her prior consent. Where the concern cannot be resolved without revealing his/her identity, a dialogue will be carried out with the whistle-blower as to whether or how the matter can proceed.
Decision(s) made on action(s) to be taken on the valid reports received from whistle blower(s) will be documented and where possible, steps will also be implemented to prevent similar incidences arising.